Sunday, January 4, 2009

Architecture In Helsinki

I would like to take this opportunity to discuss one of my favourite bands, the unique group from Australia, Architecture in Helsinki. I first heard them in highschool when i got what I consider their masterpiece, 2005's In Case We Die . While I didn't immediately take to their very strange style, - in fact, I hated it at first - I quickly warmed up to the album and it is now one of my favourites. Solid, catchy, quirky, fun, poppy, songs from beginning to end, In Case We Die is a great listen, and if you havent heard it already, do it now. Like right now. They are about the only band I know of that uses power and hand tools as instruments. Initially consisting of 8 members, Architecture now has 5 people making their music, and these 5 are set to release a new album this year. The song from the album out now is called That Beep and has renewed my love for the band, even making me re-listen to their third album, 2007's Places Like This, which I initially passed off as dissapointing, but have newfound respect and liking for. I eagerly await the release of the new album tentatively titled Vision Revision and will speak more about it when i have heard the whole album. If you already love Architecture, definitely check out That Beep, and if you haven't heard them, check out songs like Wishbone, Maybe You Can Owe Me, or Heart It Races. 'Till next time,

-&Him

1 comment: