Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Some More Goodies

Friendly Fires are yet another reason why the UK is home to great talent. They do an interesting version of Lykke Li's- I'm Good, I'm Gone (who I just got tickets to see, very excited to see that one live) but song to check out--> Paris.
www.myspace.com/friendlyfires

Passion Pit
I will be seeing these boys in 2 weeks (toronto at the horseshoe tavern) and to be honest I am really curious how they will transfer their sound from the album to the stage. We will see and I will report back. Though they do not have many songs released, I still dig what I hear
www.myspace.com/passionpitjams
ps. yes, I realize the new psp commercial used their goods for the video sound. Isn't the corporate world so hip?
Kings of Leon- B-sides and Rares
Yes, we all know that KOL have hit it big in the mainstream this year but I refuse to hate their talent because they are now "hip" to listen to, I truly 

have followed them since Youth & Young Manhood. As much as they adore their sex, drugs and rock n roll, these boys make good tunes (and perform well on stage re: November 08- detroit @ the fillmore)Mixes, covers, rares... pretty good find in this bad bo

y. Personal faves/ Ones for immediate digs?
Lykke Li feat KOL- Knocked up,
California Waiting (alternative version),
Milk (stretch & vern mix),
The Bucket (Wellington Internation).

Choose your own fav's but I think this was a nice little post christmas present, so here I am, sharing:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4582897/Kings_of_Leon_-_B-Sides_and_Rarities_Vol._1-4

Plushgun
Check them out. They have that whole Electric President vibe (give them a listen if you have yet to) and maybe a little Postal Service in there too. Currently they have only released 5 songs but apparently (thank you to my partner in crime, Matt, for informing me) they will be releasing a full LP on March 17th, 2009 entitled Pins and Panzers . Look forward to that one.

http://www.myspace.com/plushgun

-She

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say. I own a copy of "Because Of The Times" one of my favourite songs off the album is "Knocked Up" I also ended up listening to their new stuff. It's really nice stuff. I haven't been around as long as you and "him" and, it's taken me a few years to find some decent music, or what I now concider decent. I'll have to listen to the rares, and other stuff yet from Kings Of Leon. Props on the post though. You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete