Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Animal Collective

The highly anticipated 9th(?) album by Animal Collective titled Merriweather Post Pavillion, (which is set to release January 20th 2009) has made its way onto the internet and into my itunes. Magical ain't it? Regardless of how I came across the album, a hard copy of the cd will be purchased by this girl. I hereby give it two thumbs pointing straight up. The group has taken their typical, all over the place "what instrument will they throw in next" sound, to the next level higher. From an immediate listen, it sounds like a much more electronic/ psychedelic sound for the group. It's not shocking that the group has decided to take this route but I am in favor of it.

As for the album art- trippy and psychedelic, suitable for the album. Reminds me of one of those hidden picture puzzles things that you use to find in the newspaper(LFPress) by the cartoon section.

Tracks that caught my ear: Summertime Clothes, My Girls, Brothersport

-She
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also plan on picking up this album. I have been excited for it ever since i heard Brothersport and My Girls, both great songs. After dowloading the leaked version, Summertime Clothes is my favourite from the album, it is a fantastic song. While I'm not quite sure if I like Merriweather better than it's immediate predecessors, Feels, and Strawberry Jam, it is definitely worth checking out.

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment