Sunday, September 20, 2009

LOLA 2009 - Final Fantasy


I had the pleasure last evening to attend a free concert at Victoria Park as a part of LOLA (London Ontario Live Arts) fest. The headlining act was Owen Pallett aka Final Fantasy, one of my absolute favourite artists.
Unlike last time I saw him, Pallett had someone accompanying him, a new member in his first show who played percussion and guitar. Pallett still performed using his loop pedal which is always fun to see/hear. Surprisingly, he played very few old favourites, opting for mostly new material which I hadn't heard yet. The songs were, of course, amazing, making me even more excited for the next album.
As an extra special treat, I got a chance to meet and talk with Pallett after the show. I told him what a fan of his music I was, along with other similar cliches. He also told me that the new album, Heartland would probably be out on January 12, 2010. He even apologized to me that it's taken so long. I suppose I can forgive him.

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment