Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bat For Lashes



I've had the album Two Suns by Bat For Lashes for some time now, but it is only recently (and partly due to a Pitchfork review) that I have started to explore and like the whole thing. The single, "Daniel" I had listened to and loved earlier, but had kind of forgot about the rest of it. It is only now that I have listened to more that I realize how good of an album it is. This is mostly due to the opener, "Glass" a swirling, atmospheric song that tells a story of being in a fantastical place and a search for love. Other standout songs include "Moon and Moon" as well as "Pearl's Dream". My discovery of this album comes just in time for my end of the year list of my favourite albums of the year. Stay tuned in the next few days for that!

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment