Thursday, November 19, 2009

The xx


Wow. That is all I can say after finally listening to this band. I had heard alot of good things about them, including a 8.7 rating by the usually stingy Pitchfork review staff. Now that I have listened to their debut album xx I can see what all the hype is about. A four piece British band of 20-year-olds (yes, they have accomplished much more than me who is older than that), The xx is successful at having songs that draw you in melodically and lyrically. With songs about love, sex and emotion, they really make you think and more importantly, feel something, which is something that I have found is rare with most music. Because of this, and how much I just intuitively like this album, It is definitely a candidate for my pick of top album of 2009. I think it goes without saying that you should check them out. Favourite tracks are "VCR", "Islands" and "Heart Skipped A Beat" but almost every song is awesome.

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment