Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Zero 7




I have finally gotten around to listening to the new Zero 7 album, Yeah Ghost, And I must say, it is pretty good. For their 4th album, they opted to go with some new vocalists (previous albums featured the likes of Sia Furler and Jose Gonzalez), which is a good move, but I really don`t like the new folks as much as the old ones. There was something about Sia`s voice that just fit with Zero 7`s music, and I think that some of the songs on Yeah Ghost would be better with Sia and maybe some different choices than were made. Not to say the songs are bad, I just would have chosen some different vocalists. As for the sound, It is very in line with their previous work, incorporating many different styles with a focus on electronic beats and a low-key, relaxing tone. Highlights for me include Everything Up (Zisou), Medicine Man, and Ghost Symbol. Definitely worth checking out.

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment