Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Metric Concert

This is a little bit late, but last Friday, I attended the Metric concert at Centennial Hall, here in London. I probably wouldn't have gone to the show on my own, but a friend was going and asked, so I went along. I have always liked Metric in the past, even though their songs have been kind of hit or miss for me. The last album, Fantasies (which they were on tour promoting) was disappointing in my opinion, with only a couple songs I really liked.
I'm not sure If it was the fact that Metric was touring that album, the fact that I was on the balcony, the performance itself, or some combination of the three, but I just wasn't too impressed. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, and they did play some favourites like Poster of a Girl and Dead Disco, which was nice to see, but I really wasn't feeling it overall. I just wasn't drawn in, and there was nothing particularly special about the performance.
One positive was the performance of The Stills, who I love (probably more than Metric themselves) and have seen before when they came to Call the Office, also in London. While their albums have also been disappointing since their killer debut, Logic Will Break Your Heart, I think I just like their music better, and thought their performance was solid.
Additionally, I do like Emily Haines' solo work more than Metric, and was hoping she would maybe perform one of those songs, but no such luck. Haines actually also is featured in a Stills song, but that was not performed either.
Again, I'm not saying there was much BAD about it, but it certainly wasn't the best concert I have ever been to.
Note to self: If I see Metric again, get floor tickets.

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment