Monday, April 27, 2009

Musical Week for She

Ola Ameegos!
So the following week/weekend was full of live music (including tonight) and excellent live music at that.

For starters on Tuesday I was able to catch a friends new bands first ever live performance and things are sounding pretty solid, check them out soon if you can: The Bad Ideas. Along with that performance I got to check out the opening act The Love Machine from Ottawa. Definitely a checkable act as well so you should... check it?

Wednesday: I missed the concert due to a movie night with the maja but I wish I went to Lady Hawk at CTO, they also are pretty rad
Friday: Starters I went to Martini Bar to check out a new friends DJ/Hip Hop/ Electro group called The Girls Can Hear Us ... I definitely am a girl and I heard them. Super stellar and you should invest some of your time into them if you like the new wave electro/hip-hop genre
Saturday: ohhh Saturday! Excellent night for some tunes in the indie folk canadian lovin' way. Opening act Brent Randall and all his Pinecones from Halifax owned a game of musical chairs as the bassist, guitarist and keyboardist all switched positions and instruments every song, switching up lead vocals and mastering some sweet 3 part harmonies.
Followed up by the headlining act Hey Rosetta! who pretty much wrapped up a solid weekend of music with a 2 hour set of complete greatness. Encoring with the song Black Heart, a personal favourite, basically put the cherry on top of the cake for me. Cheers boys (& girl) for a great set

Tonight (Monday): I will continue the love with a warm up dance party by Big Mitch @ Martini Bar and then followed by a more extensive dance party @ CTO for Shout Out Out Out Out. Stoked.

I am sure there will be a sweet follow up blog on this weeks musical experiences seeing that a week today I see a major personal favourite MOGWAI! ahhhh cannot wait.

I leave you today with a mixtape from my friend Andrew (Big Mitch)... enjoy.

-She

No comments:

Post a Comment