Saturday, January 9, 2010

Contra



A couple months back, Liz posted the news of Vampire Weekend's new album Contra. I was able to download the album a couple days ago, and I must say, it is really really good. It seems as though people either love or have this band, and I am one of the people that loves them. I thought their first album was good, but this one is definitely better. I would urge people who didn't like the first to give this a chance, it is worth it. Aside from the singles like "Horchata" and "Cousins" that were previously released (which are great) ones that are also good include "Run", "Diplomat's Son" and my personal favourite "Giving Up the Gun", a song that shows the band developing and improving their sound. I will definitely be picking up a copy of this album on Tuesday when I go to get the new Owen Pallett (The new name for Final Fantasy) album, I would recommend you do too. Enjoy!

-&Him

No comments:

Post a Comment