Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hey Rosetta! / Two Hours Traffic

I think these boats have been sailing for a while but I have been missing the voyage so here I am delivering some more goods incase you were like me and have yet to check em.

Hey Rosetta! - great sound, newfoundland group, 6 piece indie folk band (including lots of violin- gotta love the violin) and overall have a unique sound that fits nicely into other canadian indie rock categories.

Album: Into Your Lungs
Songs to Note: Red Heart, New Goodbye, Tired Eyes, We Made a Pact and pretty much the entire album is solid
Myspace: www.myspace.com/heyrosetta

Two Hours Traffic - again great sound, four piece grounded in Charlottetown, P.E.I. Definitely have that outdoor festival sound that bands like Wintersleep, Band of Horses, Vampire Weekend, Born Ruffians etc bring. Those are not a "sounds like" but give the same vibe for me. The 2nd full length was produced by the very talented Joel Plaskett so its garunteed to have a good sound. Check it out;

Album: Little Jabs
Songs to Note: Heatseeker, Nighthawks, Stuck for the SummerMyspace: www.myspace.com/twohourstraffic

-she

No comments:

Post a Comment